Hours: Mon-Fri, 8 am to 5 pm (Closed for lunch on Friday from 12 noon to 1pm)
Anyone who wants to enroll in for-credit classes at Northern must first apply and be accepted before they can register. The best time to apply is at least one month before classes begin.
QUESTIONS? Fill out our
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION FORM
Degree & Certificate Students: Monday, January 6, 2014
Non-Degree students: Thursday, January 16, 2014
Spring 2014: Monday, October 21, 2013 – Tuesday, January 21, 2014
QUESTIONS? The following TO-DO LISTS provide step-by-step instructions and helpful information about the application process:
- For New College Students
- For Students Returning to Northern. If you have not attended Northern since Fall 2011 you will need to re-apply.
- For Transfer Students. Transfer students may now request that their previous colleges/universities send official transcripts through E-Scrip Safe or other electronic transcript consortia to either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mailing address for official transcripts: Admissions Office, Northern New Mexico College, Admission Office 921 Paseo de Oñate, Española, NM 87532
Additional Helpful Information:
- Northern's Admissions Policies (PDF)
- Degrees & Certificate Programs (PDF)
- Current Course Catalogs
- Undergraduate International Student Application (PDF)
Northern is an open-admissions college, so you don't need minimum ACT or SAT scores to be admitted. But if you are new to college and seeking a certificate or degree, you'll need to take the college's COMPASS Placement Test to determine your appropriate course level and your eligibility for Financial Aid.
If you are a concurrent/dual credit high school student, please contact Crestina Quintana at 505 747-2163.
If you are a transfer student, your placement will be determined by an evaluation of your transfer credits as recorded on official transcripts sent from all of your previous colleges and universities directly to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
If your legal residence is a Western state other than New Mexico read the WUE Brochure for information about out-of-state tuition reduction,
WHO'S WHO in the OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS
Frank Orona, Director of Admissions, Recruitment & Career Services
Tony Gallegos, Assistant Director, Recruitment & Career Services
Virginia Naranjo, Admissions Specialist
Deondra Rodriguez, Admissions Specialist